We are delighted to be able to welcome guests back to Gwynfryn after what has been a desparately quiet time on the farm. We are really looking forward to seeing our regulars and to welcoming a few new guests over the summer and autumn months.
We are acutely conscious of the need to safeguard our guests and our staff in the face of the current Covid-19 situation and have put in place a number of arrangements to minimise the risk of contagion. This means that a few things will be done differently this year than they would be in more ‘normal’ times. This document is intended to let you know what precautions we are taking and to ask you to do certain things to help us.
Each cottage is ‘deep cleaned’ before guests’ arrival. This includes:
• disinfecting hard surfaces
• double washing cutlery and crockery in dishwasher or in hot soapy water
• disinfecting all hard floors
• covering all mattresses with clean water resistant mattress covers
• covering pillows with fresh pillow protectors
• washing all sheets and towels at 95ºc
Guest are welcome to bring their own bedding and/or towels should the wish, though we ask that they let us know that they intend to do this in advance.
Our pool is open to guests. However, in order to enable social distancing, the pool will be open to the guests of each cottage in turn. Each cottage will be allocated 50 minutes during which they can use the pool each day, with the time allocated changing from one day to the next.
We regret that the changing areas will be closed. Guests will be asked to use the facilities in their cottage to shower before and after using the pool.
Regrettably the jacuzzi and sauna will not be usable for the time being.
After each 50 minute session, the pool area will be cleaned. This will include disinfecting:
• door handles and door surfaces
• ladders into the pool
• tiles surrounding the edges of the pool
• safety equipment (emergency phone and lifebelt)
We regret that we cannot open the gym at present.
We are very happy, however, to provide guests with advice on local walking, running and cycling routes.
We regret that we cannot open the games room at present.
The laundry room is deep cleaned every morning. This involves:
• disinfecting door handles and surfaces (inside and out)
• disinfecting hard surfaces
• disinfecting washing machine and tumble dryer control panels
• disinfecting the floors
We also politely ask guests to:
• wear disposable gloves when using the laundry room
• wipe down machines they have used, taking the used wipes to their cottages for disposal. Disinfectant wipes are provided in the laundry room
• wiping down outside washing lines have used, taking the used wipes to their cottages for disposal. Disinfectant wipes are provided in the laundry room for this purpose.
Children’s Play Facilities
The children’s outside play facilities (swings, see-saw, roundabout) will be open but social distancing must be adhered to and please wipe down with anti-bacterial wipes after use.
Information Packs and Leaflets
We regret that there will be no paper information packs in our cottages this year. However, you can access information about Gwynfryn and local attractions via our web-site: http://gwynfrynfarm.co.uk/
We are keen to ensure that Gwynfryn remains a Covid-19 free zone. In order to do this, we ask guests to observe the Welsh Government’s Covind-19 regulations and advice: https://gov.wales/coronavirus-regulations-guidance
Should we have reason to believe that individuals who have stayed in a cottage have been infected we will:
• Contact guests booked in for the following week to let them know the situation.
• Undertake a deep-cleaning of the cottage affected (as described above), but also replace bedding (plastic mattress covers and pillows)
Arrival at Gwynfryn:
We will contact guests the day before they are due to arrive to gain reassurance that no-one in the party is infected with Covid-19, is exhibiting flu-like symptoms (coughing, shortness of breath, fever or loss of smell/taste) or has been in contact with an infected person in the previous 14 days.
It is our intention to take the temperature of all guests upon arrival. This will be done by a person wearing personal protective equipment, using a non-contact infrared thermometer. Regrettably, we will not be able to accept anyone, or the parties accompanying anyone arriving with a temperature above 38ºc. Neither will be able to accept guests whose temperature we are unable to take.
During your stay:
In order to minimise the risk of contagion, we respectfully ask that guests:
• Call Sharon on her mobile phone (07786 767678) rather than ringing the bell or entering the ‘conservatory/lobby’ to the main house.
End of stay:
In order to minimise the risk to our cleaning staff, we ask that at the end of your stay at Gwynfryn, you:
• Empty all bins in the large wheelie bins located in the car park. Please ensure you wear disposable gloves when opening the bins and that you wash your hands immediately afterwards.
• Strip beds of sheets, pillowcases and mattress covers and leave used linen, along with used towels, in bags that will be provided.